How Much Are Office Cleaning Services?
It’s no secret that your office space is one of the most crucial parts of your business — your employees work there and your clients meet there. Therefore, maintaining a clean, tidy office is key, ensuring you put your best foot forward. However, most people have no idea how much office cleaning services cost, making it tough to know who to hire to achieve a thorough, stunning clean.
To help you choose the highest-quality cleaning services at the most reasonable price, we’ve broken down the average costs of office cleaning services for you.
How Are Commercial Cleaning Rates Calculated?
There are a number of different factors that can affect the rates for commercial cleaning services. Before hiring a cleaning service, you should know what aspects of your office space will determine how much you spend on cleaning costs. Here’s a look at three common circumstances that contribute to your cleaning service’s fees and pricing:
1. The Location’s Size
One of the most significant variables will be the size of your office space. Typically, cleaning companies will charge per square foot. However, some cleaning companies may prefer to charge an hourly rate. Regardless, larger spaces will always end up being more expensive. In a larger space, a cleaning team will need to cover more ground, so it’ll take them longer to achieve the perfect clean.
2. How Much Cleaning Is Necessary
Aside from the fact that larger offices will naturally require more time, your office may have other components that mean it’ll take longer to clean. For example, a deep clean that involves comprehensive disinfecting services will take longer. If you need cleaning services during your office hours, it’ll most likely take longer, as the cleaners will need to work around your employees.
Additionally, your requested cleaning services will factor into how much you end up paying. For example, you may want the cleaners to wash dishes, clean appliances, polish furniture, restock paper towels, remove stains from carpets or water plants. These added cleaning services will typically all come with an extra cost.
3. Which Spaces Require Cleaning
Keep in mind that commercial cleaning rates will take into account which kinds of spaces you want cleaners to clean. For example, cleaning the windows will require more time and effort than vacuuming your conference room’s carpet, so it’ll be more expensive. This same idea applies to kitchens, bathrooms and other areas that require a bit more elbow grease.
How Much Does It Cost to Clean a Small Office?
In general, it’s tough to calculate firm numbers for how much cleaning services will cost, as it depends on your situation and needs. But on average, hourly rates for commercial cleaning services for a small office can be anywhere from $20 to $50 dollars. If the cleaning company charges according to your office’s square footage, rates can be from 5 to 55 cents per square foot, so the smaller your space, the less expensive your fees.
Of course, the services you require will determine how much you pay, too. If you want to include extra cleaning services on top of the standard cleaning package, you should expect to pay more. Furthermore, cleaning companies may give discounts to repeat customers. If you only plan to hire cleaners one time as opposed to bringing them on for a weekly clean, you’ll pay a standard price.
Asking for a free quote can ensure you have a clear idea of how much your cleaning services will cost.
How to Budget for Office Cleaning
Once you’ve established that your office space needs commercial cleaning services and you have a rough estimate of how much they’ll cost, it’s important to create a budget. Over time, you may find that you need more or less cleaning services, so having a budget will help you understand what you can afford. In order to plan accordingly, here are a few tips on how to budget for office cleaning effectively:
- Establish the size of your office space: Because the size of the space is the most important factor in calculating corporate cleaning costs, you should find out your office’s square footage. Once you’ve found that number, you’ll be able to determine the starting rate of your required cleaning services.
- Decide when you want your office cleaned: Often, cleaning services will end up costing more if you need cleaners during your employees’ work hours. Because the cleaners need to work around your team, everyone can end up being less productive. This lack of productivity increases the time spent on cleaning, which increases the costs. If possible, consider having the cleaners come in during off-hours.
- Determine the level of cleaning you need: If your office only requires light cleaning, your final bill will be less expensive. Most corporate cleaning companies will gauge the situation during an initial walkthrough. Based on the state of your office space, they’ll calculate a quote. Be sure to think about how much cleaning you need beforehand so you know the price going into the experience.
- See whether you need regular or a one-time cleaning: More often than not, the set rate for regular cleanings will be lower than the rate for a one-time cleaning. If your budget allows, opt for weekly or monthly cleanings rather than scheduling one-time cleanings as the need arises. Over time, regular cleanings will end up being more cost-effective. Plus, you’ll have a much tidier space as a result.
Contact Corporate Cleaning & Facility Services for Your Office Cleaning Needs
Having your office cleaned by professionals is an investment in your business. Regardless of your office’s size or needs, we can help keep your office clean with expert cleaning services. At Corporate Cleaning & Facility Services, we’re passionate about cleaning — and we do it all, from carpet stains to hard-to-reach windows. After you reach out to us, we’ll work with you to determine the exact level of cleaning your space needs, ensuring you get the best services for your money.
Contact us today for a free quote and to find out more about our different corporate cleaning services.